Thursday, August 30, 2007

How to build a mob (Lesson No. 4)

From the cyberland of Epinions, comes this mix of opinions from HughesNet and WildBlue users about their experiences with their chosen satellite internet products.

Hughes/Direcway
" . . . . As a Direcway/Hughes Net customer for over a year I can say the product is not any better. In fact, all the posts on Wildblue have answered my question about going to that company. It sounds exactly like Hughes Net.

I have recently reinstalled my dialup modem and cannot believe how much faster it is at 44kbps than my Hughes net (which is suppose to have a download of 1Mbps!).

I am in the middle of a dispute with Hughes over their new DW7000 modem that is suppose to be the fast 1Mbps download...It is slower than my previous DW6000 modem. So, in other words, I am more of an idiot because I actually spent more money with the company thinking it might improve things. Their speed tester must be bogus...

Long story short, the new modem is so much worse than the old one that we cannot even have two people surfing the web at the same time. It takes soooo long for the web sites to pop up...I might as well wait my turn on the phone line!

Hughes will not let me send back the new modem and go back to my old one. They wont fix the problem..they wont even acknowledge there is a problem.

At this point, I dont want to deal with them at all. They make sure it is very difficult for you to get anywhere past thier Tech Support location in India. You have no way to speak to anyone in the company that has any clout to take care of the situation.

Anyway....just wanted to give my 2 cents worth in hopes of discouraging any of those who think that jumping from WildBlue to Hughes is better. I know that this website answered my question about jumping from Hughes to Wildblue...NOT! . . . ."




And from DirecWay Uncensored comes this....
" . . . . The biggest complaints seem to be coming from small business owners, who use their HughesNet system for office work. One can only imagine the hassel of having your business internet connection severely reduced for 24Hrs. That could well span from one business day through the next. . . . "



Much love and Namaste to HughesNet.

More to come later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGHES NET
IS A NIGHTMARE FROM HELL.
HAD THE SERVICE FOR ONE DAY, IT
COST ME 300.00 BUCKS TO GET READ OF THE CRAP. ANY ONE THANKING OF GETTING HUGHES NET, STOP. THINK
DON'T, IT SUCKS.IF THEY HAVE YOUR
CARD NUMBER, CHANGE IT, TO ANOTHER CARD, AND THEY CANT DO NOTHING TO YOUR CREDIT.THEY ARE MAKING A BUNDLE FROM US BACK WOOD FOLKS, WE ARE TAKEN BECAUSE WE NEED HIGH SPEED NET. TO WORK WITH. ALOT OF THE TIME. FORGET THE HUGHES NIGHTMARE. IT SUCKS.

Frustrated Internet Junkie said...

Do NOT waste money, time or sanity on huges net. For the past 4 years my in laws have had their service which gets markedly worse each year. The customer service is crap, and none of them have understandable English. Any time I have gotten transferred to a real English speaking tech the calls are mysteriously dropped. They also have tried to double charge, or have fines from an AUTO PAY bank account.

DSL or dial up work faster, have done speed test multiple times with the same laptop to prove it. Save your money and just get DSL, most rural areas offer a high speed top package for the same amount as hugesnet's lowest package.