Thursday, August 23, 2007

How to build a mob (Lesson No. 1)

You are not alone!!! HughesNet is gathering quite a few people who HATE their service.

Following are samples of a few choice comments from around cyberia (be sure to scroll down the page to read ALL the comments):

-- Ripoff Report. (link to the whole article and comments)
. . . . I finally got a tech guy (in India) to tell me about this FAP cap that had been implemented. He said, 'Just wait a few hours, your speed will come back'. The Hughes website (I found) says this, too. But, they LIE!

Once I reach my limit, it takes a full day (24 hours) to get my 'high speed' back. Until then, I'm screwed. Just think if they did this with DirecTV. That would mean you could only watch TV for 3 hours per day! I wonder how many people would cancel DirecTV if they did that? . . . .



-- PC Pitstop. (link to the whole article and comments)
. . . . Hughes net is the biggest scam out there! I have had Hughes net for 18 months(Direct Way at that point) and Just when I finally got use to the, bad service, horrible tech support and FAP(Fair Access Policy) they went and changed it today!

Hughes lies! They have these adds that say, "High speed", "fast downloads", "no waiting to get online" and that they are the only option out there if you can’t get DSL! Well let me tell you how my 18 months has gone. . . . .



-- Complaints Board. (link to the whole article and comments)
. . . . I had my email under Direcway for 4 years until somebody, without my consent and without amending my service contract, switched it to "Hughes.net." Now I cannot relay email, nor can I use another ISP to receive email . . . .


-- XOM Reviews (link to the whole article and comments)
. . . . I think a class action suit is in order.
What FAP doesn't say is that when the throttle you down they make email and web browsing totally unusable. I have two days to discontinue the service and get my equipment money back. Guess I'll do that . . . .



Some good things come from people that post negative reviews about HughesNet.

First, it provides a public service and warns people considering their service.

Second, some people actually list alternatives to HughesNet, which I'll include in a separate article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd heard of Ripoff Report and have visited them before, but hadn't seen the others. Thanks for the heads up.

John Doe said...

Glad to be of help.

I have some more bookmarked and ready for an upcoming post in the next few days.